HelloProChorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A chorus group that centers on Hello! Project pieces. November 2009 - present

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Mario Bros - 1985 - NES, VC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeeRain
Starting Out
Starting Out

Super Mario Bros - 1985 - NES, VC  Empty
PostSubject: Super Mario Bros - 1985 - NES, VC     Super Mario Bros - 1985 - NES, VC  EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:54 am

[SIZE="6"]Super Mario Bros (1985)[/SIZE]

Super Mario Bros - 1985 - NES, VC  Supermariobrosboxoc6

1985, an epic year. Why? Because this is where our favourite little plumber got his third game, the first being Donkey Kong and the second being Mario Bros. So, here I am, little ol’ Rawpowered, giving GamesForum it’s first ever NES game review and possible the oldest game in the review glossary, until someone does Pong.

So what did Mario do before Mario Party and the crappy sport titles? He was being kick-ass that’s what he was doing. The game is simple, you jump on Mushrooms and Turtles and all kinds of crazy ****. You start off small and if a enemy touches you, you lose a live. Whilst small you can’t break open the blocks in the air but there are some blocks with a ? on it, hit it and something comes out, a mushroom which makes Mario bigger, when you get touched by a enemy as big Mario, you go back to being small, which means being big shields you from death. C’mon this is 1985, the idea was good at the time, I think that this is good. You also can get Flowers which can make Mario throw fireballs to hurts enemies. Unfortunately, when you get hit as Fire Mario you go straight back to Small Mario and you will have to get a Mushroom and then a Flower to become Fire Mario again.

Super Mario Bros - 1985 - NES, VC  Nessupermariobrosaw2

So that’s controls, now what’s the Story? The Story was that Bowser, King of the Koopas (Turtles) has Kidnapped Princess Toadstool (Now known as Peach and is loved very much by DevianTARTlets everywhere) and Mario must go through 8 worlds to get the Princess back and Defeat Bowser. It would be nice if the guy you meet after you defeat a boss says “Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!” Annoying ****. So yeah not much of a story.

This is where I would talk about the first level but I can’t really describe it, I feel like I’m writing hardly anything at all, a lot like someone I know (10 points for correct guess).

There is a multiplayer mode where Mario is Aided by, drum roll please…………………. WEEGEE!!!!!!! Player 1 plays Mario and Player 2 plays as Weegee. The players take turns doing the levels and getting to the end, if Player 1 dies, Player 2 will have to do this level and visa-versa.

I haven’t written much so here’s something you’ll never see me write about in a review ever. Graphics. Why don’t I talk about it? Because it isn’t important, So Graphics make a game look nice, big-****ing-whoop, I’d rather play this then **** of Doody, so **** you PS3 and your HD mumbo-jumbo. Even for 8-bit graphics this game has a lot of charm.

Super Mario Bros - 1985 - NES, VC  Bowser28smb129ss8

CONCLUSION

Being the third Mario game ever I’m saying Mario was great here, although there’s not a lot to see it still beats the crap out of all the sport titles, all of them, even the ones that aren’t Mario spin-offs. Pure Heaven…

+ For something so old, it still shines bright
+ Even the sound is great, and is very catchy
+ Visuals are good, even for 8-bit
+ One of the Best Platformers ever
- Still, something is missing, oh yeah, faults

[SIZE="6"]9[/SIZE]

enviar sms gratis
kos
Back to top Go down

Super Mario Bros - 1985 - NES, VC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum